5 Reasons to use Pinterest for business
Oh, you have to join this new social site! Oh, it’s the next big thing! Oh, it’s so much better than the other ones! Oh, Oh, Oh………..
Aren’t you just sick of hearing it? It’s already hard to keep up with Facebook, Twitter and your blog – why add anything else to it? I personally don’t use Twitter so much, and I only use Facebook for the groups I belong to there, but I’m really liking this new Pinterest site because it’s so visually appealing. For me, it’s just fun to look at everything, the pretty colors, the clean layouts, the interesting places and products. But, to get something out of it for business, you will have to put a little bit of effort into actually putting something out there – and commenting.
Here are five reasons that Pinterest makes sense for your business.
- It’s addictive. And addictive social media sites (think Facebook games, apps and all that fun stuff) live, grow and become giants. Women ages 18-40 already know how good this site is, are in love with it and are already addicted to it. It’s simple, it’s fun and they love using it, which means it’s not going anywhere anytime soon. Recipes, crafting, organizing, cleaning, children’s activities, and so much more are shared here.
- It’s a traffic monster. Although it’s only been around for about 2 years it’s already got over 10 million users. You read that right, ten million! That’s ten million potential customers for your business, your site and your bottom line.
- Pinning is simple and can be integrated to your website easily. Just like you can place the Twitter with us button, the follow us on Facebook button and other easy to use social interaction buttons, you can place a Pin It button on your site making it easy for pinners (Pinterest users) to pin your site and spread your brand for you.
- Pinterest is perfect product placement. The place where you want your product is right in front of your consumers. With Pinterest your consumers see your products as they spread across pinners pinboards and in front of the eyes of new people who may have never before heard of your brand or product.
- If that’s not enough reason to get your business onto Pinterest than the simplicity of it should be. It’s not a social media marketing method that you have to pour endless hours into. Simply placing the button on your site can gain you exposure, as will having our own Pinterest account that posts pictures of your products and business. Social media marketing has never been easier and more effective.
I’m going to be looking at Pinterest for the rest of March, so watch for weekly posts to learn more ways to use it for your business marketing efforts.
Want to check out Pinterest for yourself? Here’s my profile page http://pinterest.com/jennbrockman/ – just request your own invite once you are at Pinterest.